My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Maine, United States

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I am working on not being quite so sticky. When someone is betting back at me or even calling large bets it's really time for me to consider that they might have something. It turns out that a set of 2's really will beat pocket rockets no matter how hard you shout or bet.

It's working too. I've laid down hands recently that I really didn't want to but if you want to survive in a tournement you gotta be willing to lay down the best hand sometimes. Course I've forced a couple of people to lay down their best hands too.

Sometimes it's nice to have an abundance of chips.

I just wish that when I bet the pot preflop more people would decide that maybe J7o wasn't such a great hand. That maybe I had something that could beat it. Course it's tough to beat it when the flop comes down 277. Grrrr.

Course people play a little tighter when there's money on the line.

So I'm also working on not going all in if at all possible.

And so it goes. Turns out poker really is a tough way to make an easy living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home